Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Rejects

A while ago, we did a little family photo shoot at Knight's Ferry.  You know me-- what was intended as a trip to get one good family picture led to a camera card with over 50 choices on it!  Here's a sneak peek at some of the pictures that did not make the VM Christmas card this year:










You'll see the winners soon.  Cards are being mailed this morning! 

(I've never mentioned this before, but maybe now is a good time.  When Dave and I began church ministry 10 years ago in Indiana, we adopted an "All or None" Christmas card policy.  Either everyone from the church got one, or no one did.  With hundreds of families in our church in CA, we've always gone with the "None" option.  So, you'll receive our card if you're a far-away family member or friend! :)  Wondering how our other friends in the ministry handle this?)

2 comments:

Wicker Family said...

I completely relate to this problem. We now have church friends in IL, WA, CA and seminary/teacher friends in MI. Our list could be ridiculous! We send our letter to out-of-town friends. (Every Christmas we put a revised version of our letter in the church mailboxes.) Even at that our list is extensive.

KyleVM said...

If these are the rejects, I can't wait to see what made it on the card. I remember our trip to Knight's Ferry so its exciting to recognize the places in the photo. Looking forward to seeing you very very soon.

-Uncle Kyle