Our big Christmas present to Delia this year was a date to Build A Bear. Her older sister has been two times now (with Auntie Heather and with a friend) and Delia seems to some how miss out on special one-on-one time with just Dave and I. Needless to say, this gift was a real treat for Delia and we loved watching her revel in creating her own new favorite stuffed animal.
There were several bins to chose from, but Delia was quite certain she wanted the bunny. She giggled at bunny in her floppy form. Next up, the noise maker station. Bunny says, "I love you! I love you!" When you squeeze her arm.
Then Delia got to press the pedal to blow stuffing into her new bunny.
Our bear-making guy had Delia do all sorts of silly things to "warm" the heart that would go inside the bunny.
She said her favorite was brushing and blowing the air on the bunny to bathe all the fuzzies off.
After making a very hard choice about what outfit to put on the bunny, Delia helped create bunny's birth certificate. She found the letters herself to type out L-U-C-Y. (Those who've been here this year will laugh-- this is the name Delia gives to everything!)
If you're wondering, this is what love looks like. We took our girl and her new bunny out for lunch to conclude the date. I'd say we have a happy Delia!







No comments:
Post a Comment