For Christmas Ella received her own pink digital camera. She has been loving this gift! I was remembering the camera I got for Christmas when I was younger and the instructions it came with to "not waste pictures" since film and developing were expensive. How fun that Ella can be given complete freedom to take 200 pictures of her stuffed animals if that's what she wants!
This camera is built for kids and has some neat features, like adding embellishments to the people you are photographing. Ella gets good practice lining us up in the little screen with this feature!
Ella's favorite thing to take pictures of is her toys. She lines them up in different poses and does photo shoots with them. I laugh about how quick she is with her delete button. She has the picture she wants in mind and when she doesn't get it, it's outta there!
I let Ella take her camera to San Fran with us when we dropped off Anna and Heather at the airport and spent the afternoon in the city for Dave's birthday. Here are a few things she found picture-worthy: A portion of the giant Macys tree.
The cute Christmas window displays. They were done by the humane society and featured live kittens and puppies running around miniature cityscapes. Delia was delighted (I think Ella captured it!).
The 9 floors of Nordstrom and the spiral escalators.
The Golden Gate bridge, with a boat and bird in flight.
A sign in the parking lot.
I look forward to including Ella's pictures on the blog. I think what she takes pictures of reveals so much about her and what she finds extraordinary (like the pink sock display at the Addidas store.) I won't do it too often, though, since her photography can be a bit, um, abstract! :)










1 comment:
Great job, Ella. You got some good shots. I like the fun ones where you added the special effects. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the camera. Love, Grandma
Post a Comment