Monday, February 21, 2011

Going Bananas

For today's day off, we had promised the girls a fun family day.  We decided to go to one of those bouncy house places.  We knew this would be a super treat for Ella, but we also knew it would be a source of fear for Delia, who has yet to warm up to these large and loud monsters.  Sure enough, as soon as we walked in, Ella took off and Delia clung to Dave, shaking and refusing to try anything.  Jumping, bouncing, climbing and acting like a monkey are Delia's passions, we've never understood this fear!  Dave gently coaxed Delia to just bounce on the side, holding his hands.


Then he convinced Delia to just peek inside one of the bouncy houses to watch Ella.  She protested, but after getting just her head inside, decided to go all the way.  Once inside, she knocked us over with surprise when she quickly declared, "I like it now!"  For the next 2 hours she ran to each bouncy house and, indeed, went bananas.  Nothing was too big and scary for her-- not the obstacle course, not the giant slide, not the ball pit, not even the king-of-the-mountain.  At home, she keeps asking me when we can go back and saying, "I loved it! I loved it! I loved it!"





The girls wore themselves out.  Dave and I had hoped to show at least Ella a good time on her day off.  We would have never dreamed Delia's life-long fear of bouncy houses would be cured just like that today! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's such a wonderful thing to be able to witness your child break through a wall that has been put up - how fabulous to see her break free and enjoy herself so thoroughly! I'm proud of Delia because I know how hard that can be myself!

And, may I just say once again how beautiful the girls are?! Seriously, stunning - Ella's hair in that one pic especially! Wow!

(karen)