Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweet 16

If my relationship with my husband were a person, yesterday it would have gotten its driver's license!

I was thinking of writing a sappy post, reminiscing all the details of that first date on February 11, 1995, but it's nothing I haven't said before.  All relationships have to start somewhere: some at HiCamp, some on an airplane, some in a pew at church, some on the long trip down to a service project, some through a mutual friend.  Ours just happens to start in a high school government class. 

Yesterday we showed our girls the pictures of Mommy and Daddy going to the Homecoming Dance.  Delia tried on the little black dress I wore.  Ella pretended to be grossed out when we kissed.  We dressed up and celebrated with a nice dinner out, thanks to a generous gift card from Anna! 

I'm left marveling at a God who orchestrates every detail of our lives.  A God who sits the person you are meant to spend the rest of your life with in a desk right in front of you.  A good God who then smiles, watching two teenagers flirt and knowing the life that is to come.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Happy Sweet 16! I'm flattered by the mention in your 2nd paragraph. :) You guys are ahead of us...we're only 12 1/2!