I couldn't be more in a summer state of mind after the 5 hours we spent at Phil and Jetta's yesterday! Peter and Cora turned 4 and some of their family, as well as some other 3-4 year olds from our church (and their families), got together to celebrate. There were a LOT of kids and we all had a LOT of fun.
The kids spent a long time swimming. I was happy to see how quickly Ella and Delia felt comfortable in the water after so many months off. Ella's new thing was the diving board. She'd run off the edge then hop out and repeat over and over.
Delia, Brittany and Cora kicked and bobbed around all the parts of the pool, holding hands and demanding their moms watch how they swim like fish.
The pool was super fun, but when the kids started shivering, we moved onto other things. Bunnies were held, bikes and scooters we ridden, sand cakes were made, dress up was worn, volleyball was played and a game of tag was held in the dirt.
I know it's wrong to have favorites, but Peter and Cora do have my heart. They share a lot with my youngest-- an age and similar spunky personalities. I just love them and feel so thankful that Delia has had such good little buddies since birth.
After a BBQ dinner and ice cream cake, the presents were opened. I laugh at these pictures I caught of hugs for the birthday twins. Phil built us a giant bonfire to warm up, so our night ended with some laughs around the fire. I got to take home worn out girls and that wonderful, summery, smokey scent.
Happy summer to us and happy birthday to Peter and Cora!







No comments:
Post a Comment