On our last night in Chicago, Chris treated us once again. He wanted to take the whole family out to one of their favorite restaurants, Brio. This was quite the Italian feast! The risotto I ordered for dinner on this night inspired me to try making my own risotto for the first time. Unfortunately, it didn't come anywhere near to being as delicious as Brio's.
(Mom and Dad)
(Kris and Eric)
(Karen and Chris)
For being fine dining, the restaurant was pretty welcoming to families. The kids each got their own chef hat and when the boys ordered pizza, they got to go in the kitchen, make it themselves and watch it get loaded into the brick oven. The kids had a ton of fun visiting with each other around our long table and taking wacky pictures.
Fabulous food became a bit of a theme this week-- and no, we're not all accustomed to eating out this much! There really couldn't have been a better way to end our week with the VM Family than with some more good food and good people.





1 comment:
I'm finally taking time to visit the blog!! :-)
I knew that I would want an uninterrupted opportunity to savor it all and, of course, your creative writing and perfectly drawn descriptions do not disappoint! Thank you for putting this all down and for compiling such witty narratives and detailed accounts of our time together! These pics are some of my favorites, too. I mean, the picture of Ella & Aidan eating the spaghetti noodle?!? Come on!
I love you so much! Thank you for your thoughtful sentiments and for taking the time to preserve the memories on your blog...
love always, Karen (of course!)
Post a Comment