I have a new guy in my life. I've always known I loved him, but he won my heart completely when I met him for the first time last week. I'm talking about my newest nephew, Miles.
Miles, doing his crazy crawl over to me and lifting his arms to be held. Miles, giving me one of his 17 different smiles. Miles, trying hard not to be left out, getting right in the middle of wrestling matches and dance parties. Miles, pulling the book down from the other side because he wants to see what we are reading. Miles, turned around in the church pew in front of me, showing me his blocks and grabbing my bulletin with a squeal. Miles, eyes wide and dizzy as we play motorboat in the pool.
These are some of the memories that marched through my mind during that long flight home. I'll miss this little guy a lot.



No comments:
Post a Comment