Proverbs 27:1 says, "Don't boast about tomorrow, for you don't know what a day might bring." I know this verse because I studied it in Bible Study last week. I also know this verse because I lived it this week. As a big-time planner, let me just say that this is not my favorite verse in the Bible. My last post on Monday boasted about a full list of things we planned to do with Grandpa.
The night I wrote it, a major stomach bug hit Delia and Grandpa's back, which he hurt the morning he left and aggravated on a long plane ride, was causing him a great deal of pain and immobility. Delia spent all the way from Monday night to Thursday laying in a sea of towels with the puke bucket. What a total bummer that she missed every special school thing she was so excited to share with Grandpa! Seriously disappointing. Tears were shed over it (mine).
But, Ella remained healthy and Grandpa was tough enough to make it to the Open House at school, the K-3 Musical and Grandparents' Day. All the students did a wonderful job in making their classrooms fun places to visit and their songs impressive ones to listen to. It was still very special for Ella to share these things with Grandpa (in the picture above, she's interviewing him on Grandparents' Day). Though the week didn't look the way we thought it would, we're still so thankful he came!
And what do you know? Right about the time Grandparents' Day was finishing up on Thursday, Delia had perked up and was feeling and acting like her normal self. She and Dave were able to venture out of the house and meet us for a special lunch (though she just had saltines and orange slices). She could finally show Grandpa the pile of projects that her teacher sent me home with.
I'm now scared to boast, so I'll just say THE LORD WILLING, we hope our weekend is a little more eventful with an outing tomorrow and an Easter Sunday shared with good friends.





1 comment:
That pic of sick Delia is so sad, but also so sweet with Lily laying beside her... Glad she was feeling better before Grandpa left town! :-)
Post a Comment