Saturday, March 23, 2013

Park, Pizza, Sleepover

With our husbands sharing many of the same passions and serving in pretty much all the same ministries at church, Jetta and I find ourselves home alone with the kids for all of Dave's and Phil's shared travel.  At the beginning of the month, we hung out while our guys bumped along the mountain roads of Guatemala.  This weekend our men are up in the mountains again-- but this time much closer to home and for the purpose of entertaining and teaching 30 high-schoolers.  I love Jetta and her family already, but our bond continues to grow the more time our husbands spend together!  This weekend we filled our husband-less hours together with a Saturday at the park, followed by dinner and dessert at the local pizza joint, followed by an all-girl sleepover at our house.  
     




Right now I have 5 girls crammed into the bunk bed, flashlight-reading and giggling.  I'm hoping that the hours of intense park play and Just Dance have worn them out pretty good.

The fun has been so great, Daddy has hardly been missed. :)

No comments: