I've loved using the blog as my own personal journal of the girls' milestones and memorable moments. Every now and then I can get lost for an hour or more reading old posts and fondly recalling the funny stories and sweet images of Ella and Delia as babies and toddlers.
We certainly continue to laugh as they grow older, but more from their intentional jokes and less from the confused way they view the world. However, every now and then they'll still bust out a line that I know I'll want to remember. Here are two recent ones:
Regarding the taxes a generous accountant from our church just did for us:
Mom: After dinner, I have to run over to our friend's office and quick sign some papers. Daddy already signed them and now it's my turn.
Ella: What papers do you have to sign? (Excitedly) Are we adopting a new baby?!
Delia has spent her whole life watching me complete and listening to me tell her what I'm learning in my daily Bible Study lessons. I guess it makes sense that ANY work or reading I EVER do is just labeled as "Bible Study" to her.
Including this...
"Want to read your Bible Study outside with me?" "Can I move your Bible Study book so I can color?"
And this...
"You like that Bible Study, Mom?" "What's this new Bible Study about?"
(Though, to be fair, these Mark of the Lion books are like Bible Study in the moving way they teach scriptural truths through exciting plot and multi-layered characters!)


No comments:
Post a Comment