Today I enjoyed my favorite day and what I believe to be the best part of having a child in kindergarten-- Muffins and Makeovers with Mom. On this morning all the 5/6 year olds invite us moms to the classroom to treat us to a morning of pampering. Combine Delia's natural enthusiasm for life with her love of all things girly with her gift for serving people and you have one little girl appearing at my bedside an hour before the alarm goes off excitedly whispering, "Mom! Today's the day for Muffins and Makeovers!!!"
After we pray and sing the "Hello Song", we fill our plates with delicious goodies like muffins and fresh fruit.
Then we are showered with gifts. I got a hand decorated plate and a cook book featuring a compliation of favorite recipes the kindgartners dictated to their teacher. Delia's submission was "Favorite Soup", aka Chicken Corn Tortilla Soup. Even though I've taught her and Ella how to make it, Delia's memory for the ingredients and process cracked me up. I loved the kid who submitted a recipe for cereal.
Then it's time for beautification! Delia gave me a foot massage with lotion, then painted my fingers and my toes two different colors. As she applied abundant blush and smeared blue eye shadow all over my lids, I tried to teach her the "With makeup, a little goes a long way" lesson. I'm not sure she bought it.
(Don't you love the way she "displays" her work in these pictures. Like I'm her masterpiece!)
It was a morning of great quality time with my sweet girl. I got a new look and I sure had a lot of laughs with the mom friends I shared this experience with. I already feel so blessed this Mother's Day!





1 comment:
Those last two pics (specifically Delia's "display" hands) totally crack me up! :-) Glad you ladies had such a great day... and what a great idea!!!
Post a Comment