Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Week's Best Clicks

One week ago I wrote about the fancy, new camera my family gave me for Mother's Day.  It's probably about time I start showing off what it can do!


Last Sunday we took the girls, Lily and my new toy for a walk around Knight's Ferry.  It was a hot day and the hike is nothing you haven't seen already.  But, it was the perfect place to go to play with all these fun camera settings.  Above and below are two pictures I kinda liked.



We experienced perfection again this week when a just-right early birthday present arrived for Ella from Anna.  It's a book called "Artist to Artist, 23 Major Illustrators Talk to Children about their Art".  I think it's safe to say this gift was a hit.


Ella decided that Cutie the hamster had to benefit from the new camera too and set up her own little photo shoot.  I'll spare you the dozen poses Ella took with her and show you just this adorable shot of Lily and Cutie giving each other the sniff down. They are sort of friends...under careful supervision.


On Thursday I got to help chaperon a field trip Ella's class took to a state-of-the-art dairy farm.  We've been living in the land of Happy Cows for almost 10 years and I thought I was pretty informed about how the dairy business worked, but I still learned quite a bit and was super impressed with our tour.  A highlight was having Ella and her friends school me in the ways of hand clapping games on the long bus ride back to the classroom.  Man, did this bring back memories!

This past week was pretty normal, but this coming week we conclude our school year and immediately dive into one summer adventure after the next.  I have my camera ready, so stay tuned!

No comments: