Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mothering Made Easy

This Mother's Day I was beyond spoiled with tulips, kind cards, a delicious steak dinner, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and some carefully-selected-by-the-girls outfits from my new favorite online shop, Mindy Mae's Market.  

Reflecting on Mother's Day, though, I realized that it's not just the bountiful pile of presents and thoughtful gestures from my family that has blessed me.  I get to journey through motherhood with some pretty fantastic fellow moms to learn from and laugh with.  I have had no shortage of amazing mother figures adopt me through the years.  And these two beautiful girls, who call me mom, make my job pretty easy.  They are obedient, kind, hard-working, fun, and full of love for the Lord and the people in their lives.  It's THEY who need to exercise daily grace for ME!

Being a mom has surprisingly been the best privilege of my life.  It still strikes me as a little funny that I get a whole day to be spoiled for doing something that I already consider a gift.

No comments: