Man, did we hear it last year! Ella is a total Christmas lover. She exclaims over decorations in the store. She is the first to turn the Christmas tree on each morning. She says things like, "I'm a little bored, what should we do? I know! Let's open just one present." And whenever she saw a decorated house last year, she reminded us that our own home was unlit and unbeautiful. So, we indulged her and bought a few strings of icicle lights on clearance at the end of the season last year and for the first time ever did a little outside decorating. The lights went up around 2:00 this afternoon. We've all trooped out to admire them, not kidding, at least six times tonight! Hey, what's an hour of dangling off the roof with a staple gun when it comes to the happiness of your daughters?
4 comments:
Love those lights! They look great!! :)
Looks beautiful! I can't tell you how proud it makes me to hear that Ella is so into Christmas. I am sure she loves the lights and I'm glad that everyone gets to enjoy them so much (it is odd to climb on a roof only so that other people can look at your house). - Uncle Kyle
Your lights look great! Our kids can't wait until Phil can put ours up - hopefully on Saturday! Christmas through the eyes of children - what a blessing!
Hooray for Christmas decorations-good job with the lights, Dave!
It is starting to snow here, and we are ordering pizza and putting up our Christmas decorations tonight! Alas, no giant Christmas tree for us. Ben is a little too curious, and he would probably drink the tree's water and poke his eye out with a branch. So it is a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for us (a potted, foot tall pine seedling) on top of the poker table!
Amy
Post a Comment