Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Drive Down (Sunday)

I counted.  I have NINE posts about this wonderful coastal vacation!  We did such a great variety of cool things each day, I just have to record each marvelous memory!  For the sake of my readers, though, I'll tell the story in pieces-- probably corresponding the outings we took with the dates of exactly one week ago when we took them at the coast.

So it begins with the ride down.  We left last Sunday after church and decided to take the much longer, but much more scenic, way down famously beautiful Highway 1.  Dad and Dave did a professional job of packing the minivan, which we christened with this long trip!, with all our luggage, coolers, sand toys and bags of books and games. 



The drive down the coast was spectacular!  The views of the valleys, hills, rocks, cliffs and crashing surf made the length and the twists and turns of the drive worthwhile.  We pulled over and jumped out often to take in some of those views and gulp some deep breaths of fresh air.




Considering we were in the car for about 7 hours, the girls did GREAT!  We had lots of activities to distract them, and of course family to laugh and share stories with.



Sunday, the first day of VM Vacation at the Coast, was off to a great start!

No comments: