Have you ever received a gift that you really like, but are not sure what to do with? Like an accessory that's cute, but doesn't really go with anything in your closet or a cool picture frame that you can't find a place for? That is kind of how I feel about the gift of quality time with Delia that I've been given this year. I love the 14 hours a week where it is just the two of us and I know this time is extremely valuable, but I'm still figuring out the best way to use this gift.
Unlike Ella, Delia does not have the interest or attention span to sit and read or do crafts with me for an hour. It's more challenging to come up with projects that will engage her for more than just a few minutes (like that Cheerio necklace...I made most of it!). Sooo, we're getting to know the parks around Ella's school REALLY WELL. We have to pick Ella up each day at noon and it's nice that there are about 5 different parks to choose from. For now, climbing, sliding, jumping and running seem to be the way Delia is most interested in keeping busy. I'll have to keep brainstorming creative ways to use my precious gift of time with Delia! Any ideas out there? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment