Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come!"

Though I have a million feelings about Ella starting kindergarten, I will try to contain myself in this post!  I think the biggest thing I am feeling is overwhelmed at the journey we start today.  Dave and I both gasped when we saw her listed as the Class of 2023 on a bus schedule.  To think we are taking the first step on a 13 year road is almost too much to process.  However, knowing with certainty how much Ella is going to thrive in school is keeping my sadness about missing her at home every morning to a minimal.

On Monday night we had the opportunity to visit Ella's classroom and meet her teacher.  Though she is excited, she also articulated that she was nervous about the unknown.  Seeing her table and cubby, touring her classroom and meeting her sweet teacher helped a bunch.  She had a little fear that her new teacher would be scary (and told her so!), but to Ella's delight, Mrs. H. is young and pretty and super nice.  They ended their meeting with an Ella-initiated hug.  We've heard nothing but rave reviews of Mrs. H. and thank God for putting Ella in her class.




Today was THE BIG DAY and it wouldn't be complete without some pictures of the kindergartner ready for this new phase of life:





Ella gave a full and happy report on the car ride home: the first day was great, everything was her favorite, Mrs. H. is fun, keeping the rules will be easy, there were lots of church friends to play with at recess.  It's good to get such a long journey off to such a wonderful start!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Yayyyyyy! Love that family shot, too!

tlg said...

So glad that Ella had a great first day!

Wicker Family said...

Yeah, Ella! I think I wrote almost the identical post last year:-)
http://wickerfam.blogspot.com/2009/08/anikas-first-day.html