Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Gonna Gush (Consider Yourself Warned...)

Even though we've been counting down for a while now,  I can still hardly believe that our preschool years are officially over.  Today we all walked to preschool together and bid farewell to the classroom and all the landmarks on the walk we've made 4 times a week for 4 straight years now.  ("Goodbye speed bump", "Goodbye black widow spider living in the gas meter", "Goodbye cherry tree and birdies that eat all the cherries on the cherry tree", "Goodbye yappy dogs".)  It's bittersweet as we certainly celebrate good endings and new beginnings, but also mourn this special chapter coming to a close.


Tonight was the Preschool Graduation and Kids' Praise Program.  She told us very little, but we knew Delia had some part involving speaking and singing in the microphone.  We just learned today it was, in fact, the lead part!  She and two others served as the narrators for the familiar Psalty musical and Delia sang two solos-- one song was completely her alone while the whole class just did motions behind her!  We were proud, smiling ear-to-ear, almost crying and laughing with joy over the super cute job she did.  In her own words, Delia raced into our arms and said, "I was spectacular!"  Miss Debbie told me we have a future actress on our hands.


Each of the Star students donned a cap and gown, marched across the stage to get their diploma advancing them to kindergarten and then spoke their full name into the microphone. 


We just got the girls to bed and Dave asked me, "Did you ever think it was possible to be SO proud?"  I have always said that my favorite part of being a parent is when your child totally exceeds your expectations and does something so amazing, you can't help but just be in awe.  Proud parents, yes we are!


And a proud sister too!  Ella was also smiling so huge and was happy to have small roles tonight too.  She got to pick out the flower bouquet we surprised Delia with and when Dave went on stage to present the teachers with gifts from the class, Ella went along to help hold things.  When it comes to a love for attention on the stage, our family definitely plays the "One of these Things is not Like the Others" game! 


Over the course of 4 years, I know I've already said quite a bit about the blessing Miss Jenny and Miss Debbie have been to our girls and our family.  We just love their ministry and feel so thankful that our kids have gotten to be subject to their positive influence.



And of course, no preschool program or year is complete without a little ice cream to celebrate.  I guess it's officially summer now!

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Awww....I don't even know what to say! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw that is SO exciting!! Way to go, Delia!! I'm sure you did amazing :) and that ice cream looks delicious too!

Anna Keizer said...

"I was spectacular!" -- I love Delia!!! :-)