My good friend Amy and I have not connected in person in a long time. Busy months/busy stages of life have left us without any play dates for far too long. We've been really looking forward to the June 4 date we had reserved with one another about a month ago. When our first two ideas (blueberry picking and a children's museum) were a bust, we scrambled to put some new plans together this morning and came up with a new park. I told the girls we'd be exploring a brand new park with our friends, but strangely, my little park-lovers were most excited about riding in the big-kid backseat of Miss Amy's minivan!
Good thing this was such a thrill because, little did they know, they'd be spending about an hour and a half in this van! When the confused GPS took us to the totally wrong destination, we literally drove in a giant circle for over an hour. (I'm gonna keep blaming Susie the Nuvi, but the fact that I typed in a bad address probably had something to do with our long detour!)
We finally got on track and made it to our new park destination. And the park was actually pretty cool! Worth an over-an-hour drive? I'm not sure. But, bless Amy for being such a good sport. She pointed out that the kids were more than happy in the car and there was no other way we would have gotten such a long uninterrupted time to just sit and catch up! As I sipped my Starbucks mocha and listened to the kids playing their own goofy version of Rock, Paper, Scissors in the back seat, I had to smile and agree that our Plan D actually couldn't have been any more perfect or any more fun!


1 comment:
Yayyyy for catch-up time and Starbucks! The kids are at a really fun, age, too...let's let little B learn to walk a little better and then just stop them all where they are. :) Thanks for a great time!!!
Post a Comment