Friday, June 1, 2018

Delia's Dance Recital

Once again, our May was highlighted with the BIG Dance Recital Delia works so hard all year to perform in.  Once a week for the entire school year she meets with Miss Bethany, her teacher, and a class of fellow 10 year olds to stretch and learn the choreography for one show-stopping jazz number.  The recital's theme this year was "Rhythm of the Eras", so Delia's group represented the 70's with their dance to "We Go Together".  It was high energy and super fun, full of kicks, flicks, hand jives and even a little solo for Delia.  They sell out the local college's performing arts center with 800 in attendance.  It was Delia's best dance yet and we were delighted to watch the impressive show our little town's dance studio puts on. 

As always, no photography on performance night, so these are all from dress rehearsal...






Afterwards we went out for some celebratory special dessert.  Delia's eyes were bigger than her tummy when she ordered!  Nope, even our sweet-toothed gal couldn't eat all this! :)

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Jen, one of the reasons that I am looking forward to Dad's retirement is because I am hoping in the future we will get to be at some of the girl's performances - whether in dance, plays, concerts, etc. I am so thankful that you post these blogs, so we see what is going on in your lives. I'm sure that Delia did fantastic in her dance routine. What a perfect outlet for all her energy!
Love, Mom/Grandma