And just like that, another year is done! Our school year ended with a few fun events I wanted to share.
In preschool, one of our last units is the always-popular Farm Week. We invite families to bring their farm animals and pets into preschool and its pretty much a giant petting zoo all week! Cuddling baby goats while cute little 4 year olds oooh and aaah over them-- how great is my job?! I had another one of my best classes ever and left with the familiar bittersweet feelings and choked up voice as I prayed over them for the last time.
One of the girls' last weeks was a dress up week. They could ditch the uniforms and dress as different fun themes each day. I was especially tickled with their "Career Day" choices and outfits. Delia is a teacher, Ella is a mom. LOVE!
Because I finish 2 days before the rest of the school, I actually had the opportunity to help in Delia's class for the first and last time this year. They have a big field day, BBQ, and awards ceremony. Her teacher, who is quite creative, had her class all make matching 5A shirts for their field day team. At the awards ceremony she called each of her kids up to hear some words of encouragement and a character award picked out specially for them. Mrs. M. said Delia is a kind friend, a special project enthusiast, and has personally been a big blessing to her. She said she loves to watch Delia love to learn. She presented her with the Compassion Award, which I could not be more proud of. Getting my own kids and my students to understand and respect how other people are feeling is something I work on every day. I love that this particular trait is one my child is known for!
With an amazing teacher, a day full of fun and encouragement, and a sweet treat with friends, Delia ended her days in the elementary. It couldn't have been a better year for her and we're feeling thankful again.
Seventh grade was a harder year for Ella. Mostly we're glad it's done. But she too kept her grades up, grew closer to her great group of friends, blessed her teachers, and tried new things-- excelling at some (like Fine Arts or switching to the bigger tenor saxophone) and accepting with grace when her plans didn't work out (like not winning her Student Council seat back, or a broken finger at the start of basketball season). We celebrate all the ways she grew this year too!




1 comment:
Jen, your preschoolers look so sweet. I'm sure that is a fun week when you have the farm animals come for a visit. What a great opportunity that you were able to help out in Delia's class. It's fun to observe them in their element. I'm glad that you all survived the school year, and are looking forward to next year. The girls are growing too quickly!
Love, MOM
Post a Comment