Friday, June 1, 2018

Red Carpet Night

Our girls' ministry is done for the school year, but had its big grand finale this May also with a spectacular Red Carpet Mother Daughter Night.  We were invited to dress formal, so the girls and I had lots of fun picking out our outfits.  I am actually wearing a bridesmaid dress from 1998!  I guess you can wear these things again!  Might take 20 years, but it is possible! :)



Besides the fancy treats, fellowship, and photo booth, this night is special because each class goes on stage for a special game or presentation.  Ella's class read keepsake posters they had made about their moms.  I kinda liked Ella's answers, especially the one thing she apparently hears me say a lot...


I love being a leader in this ministry.  I love sharing this with my own girls. I love my class of now 6th graders.  I love all the fun things we get to do, like badges, outings and camp.  And I looooove the other ladies on the leadership team.  We laugh a lot and have a great time together!  To be perfectly honest, my experience with other church ministries I've lead has felt obligatory at times.  This one has just been a blessing all around!

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Jen, I am glad that you enjoy being a GEMS leader so much. I know that you invest a lot of love and hard work into the girls in your group. It looks like you have a lot of fun doing it also.
MOM