It's the time of year for Delia's preschool class to pull out the "Let's Grow!" song. Having just endured Delia visiting kindergarten at Beginner Day, though, I'm feeling especially nostalgic about the quickly diminishing number of days that she has at home with me. When she gets to the "Let's Grow!" part of her song, I've started interjecting, "Don't Grow! Staying, staying, staying, staying, staying little and small...", which makes her laugh and protest. I do love the girls growing, of course, and all the learning-to-read, wiggly-tooth, school-programs, new-friends excitement that comes with each milestone. But I'm more than a little sad to imagine life without Delia's constant presence in it next year. It makes me want to crumple up the to-do list and spend the morning in jammies cuddling and making decadent pancakes with my little buddy. So, that's what we did today!
These Cinnamon Roll Pancakes were pretty awesome. Just take 3 bowls and create these 3 mixes:
1. Your regular pancake mix
2. The cinnamon swirl, which is 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 Tbs. cinnamon and 3/4 cup brown sugar. After melting and mixing, put it in a baggie with a corner snipped off to swirl on your pancake batter once it's on the hot griddle.
3. Top with cream cheese syrup, which is 4 Tbs. melted butter, 2 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
(This seemed like a lot. I cut it all in half to make just a few pancakes.)
(This seemed like a lot. I cut it all in half to make just a few pancakes.)
Oh yeah, they're terrible for you. But if your baby is headed off to kindergarten in a few months, and you're tyring to cherish the mornings you have left with her, I think it's okay to splurge! :)
Our plan to throw out the plans and spend the morning relaxing (or more likely, the sugary-sweet breakfast) got "Two thumbs up, standing up, tippy-toes!!" from this big girl.



2 comments:
Oh yeah... I am definitely trying this! YUM!
Love that you tossed the to-do list and made pancakes with your sweet girl!
Post a Comment