Just noticing that my last post was last Saturday, so I thought I'd give a quick recap of the week. Admittedly, getting back into the routine after such a stellar Spring Break has been difficult, but we still had some highs this week that made it go quick enough.
Ella does love school, but had such a wonderful week off, that heading back all the way until summer was feeling like a bummer to her. So, we made a chain to help her count down to the end of school. Removing one link at the end of each school day, she gets to watch the chain get shorter and the summer get closer! We actually get out early this year, so only 24 more days!
Delia had Beginner Day this week, which was an opportunity for her to visit and spend a few hours experiencing kindergarten. She was SO excited, she could hardly sleep the night before or eat the morning of. When Dave pulled up to school, she just took off waving, "Bye Dad!" In the time that she was gone, I had a little taste of what next year will be like and, though the quiet house was nice for about an hour, I really, really missed her.
Delia's been on this mail kick too. Every day I receive at least one of these love letters folded up and sealed in an envelope. It's gotten so I've had to hide my envelopes and make Delia reuse them because she was burning through them! The note is almost always the same-- a picture of us together labeled "Delia Mom". She mixes it up just slightly by deciding to draw me with or without legs or glasses! :)
Dave and his Evangelism Committee came up with a new ministry called Family Dinner that we participated in last night. Over 40 families signed up to be randomly put into groups of 3. These groups of 3 families have the whole season to plan at least one time to get together to share a meal. Last night we had 11 people over for dinner and really loved getting to know some church friends better.
Earlier this week the girls created a pretty elaborate replica of the Marine Mammal Center and spent a good amount of time "operating" on seals and blending fish up for them. And this morning I'm listening to them play. This exact line just came out of Delia: "Let's play 'Going on Vacation!' First we'll look for whales, then we'll check on the seals, then we'll stay at the hotel in Seattle, then we'll go to Disneyland!" I'm reminded of how valuable that investment we put into exploring our corner of the world is.
So, another week of April is in the books as we feel like we're marching towards the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been a great school year, but with a summer full of Mount Hermon, camping, service trip and vacation with family in Seattle plans, we're excited for that too!



No comments:
Post a Comment