Sunday, July 12, 2015

4th of July Festivities

Being with family for this Fourth of July was totally fantastic!

The kids and dads started the day with a bike ride to the farmers' market.

We ate amazing food all day.  Uncle Chris whipped up red, white and blue smoothies for the kids. He later grilled us steaks and chicken, with sides of veggies from the market, and a chorizo asparagus risotto that was probably the best thing I ate all vacation.


In the afternoon we took a short walk to the pond where the kids each caught several fish.  For Ella and Delia, who have never caught anything that wasn't farmed in an outside tank, this was especially thrilling!  Cole won for most fish caught, with 11, and Aidan won for biggest when he reeled in a humongous catfish!  I give Delia the award for bravest, though.  She was eventually de-hooking the fish herself.










Having watched a good fireworks show at the ball game the night before, we decided to go more low key on the actual Fourth and do our own little show using the pile of smoke bombs, poppers and big booming fireworks Uncle Chris got.  



This fabulous Fourth ended with some game playing, where the boys defeated the girls in 3 rousing rounds of The Bowl Game.  With all the family, farmers' market, food, fishing, and fireworks crammed into this Fourth, I think I can say it was an F'n good time! ;)

No comments: