The next night, Mom and Dad were so generous to treat the entire family to a minor league Kane County Cougars baseball game. This too was a wonderful time to laugh with and enjoy the company of our parents, brothers, sisters, nephews and cousins.
A nearby fan caught this ball and gave it to Miles! Just love that smile!
Cole amused us all by spending almost the entire game with his glove raised high in anticipation.
This is actually an adorable picture I got of Delia with Grandma and Grandpa, but I'm posting the funny paparazzi version of it here on the blog because it continues to make me laugh!
I have to say that between the fun food, the good company, and the back field of activities for the kids, I did not actually see much of the baseball game! I think our team won?
This night was July 3, so the game ended with a fabulous fireworks show! It was the first time Cole and Miles have seen fireworks, so that was a special thing to share with them.
Then, after the game, and after the fireworks, kids and parents were invited to come down onto the field to run the bases. The dads took the kids and they had a ball (no pun intended)!
I'm telling you, on this trip we were SPOILED! Mom and Dad treated us to this game, and then Uncle Chris got all the kids these crazy lightsabers on the way out. Uncle Chris was SO generous over the course of the week, it got to a point that Delia would stop asking Dave and me for stuff and start going straight to him!


No comments:
Post a Comment