Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Difference

Today we took care of Jonathan and Grace for Amy. Grace spent the whole time snoozing in the pack 'n play, but Jonathan kept plenty busy. I found some quiet time to just watch the kids and what I noticed made me smile. Jonathan always loves pulling out the train tracks when he comes to our house. They get more play with him than with my own kids, I think! He means business when it's track engineering time. He makes plans and considers each piece carefully. This was his third design and he called it "The Butterfly." He was actually teaching me how to connect the tracks in ways I never even knew they could!
.

Meanwhile, Ella and Delia have owned this toy for a few years now and they still can't assemble a simple loop, I have to build it for them. Once the track was set, though, they got busy turning it into a city and filling it with people and buildings and double-decker bridges. What's happening here is a parade (see the vehicles lined up with the people watching?) And you can be certain there was dialog among the characters and a long story to go with this parade!
.
Jonathan and Ella are the same age, yet have so many differences. Maybe it's just because one is a boy and one is a girl, but it's always fun to see the way they each approach things!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Yay, thank you so much for your help today, Jen. And it's so fun to see how they approach things differently. Even playing wedding...or not. :)

Amy

KyleVM said...

I love that Ella wears a bridal dress on a Wednesday morning! What a cutie. -- Uncle Kyle