Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Running Family

For lent, Dave gave up "not running" or "sedentariness", as a friend put it. Dave knew he'd want a little motivation and reward to keep him getting up early and running for all 40 days of the season. Today's race served that purpose. It was a 5K with the Kids Fun Run for Ella. Both Dave and Ella loved the race and did great.
. Anyone who knows me, knows that running and early mornings are tops on my list of things I hate. As we watched the sun rise while we drove to the race, I had to question what my family was doing to me?! Oh well, I love them and I NEVER see sunrises-- it was beautiful. :)

The race was around a pretty lake and sponsored by a mega-church. The runners were prayed over and given free Godsome T-shirts. Dave loved the course because it was scenic the whole time and we could cheer with a pretty good view of him all 3+ miles. His goal of finishing in the top 40 was easily met when he came in 28th overall.

The best part of the morning was the crazy quarter mile race for the kids. Ella had a little trouble staying on course and had to be herded back onto the race track, but she ran easily the whole time. She was so cute meeting friends and continuing her stretches at the start line.
.
Some recovery from the early morning is in order for the rest of the day. Keep your fingers crossed for some excellent naps today!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

YAYYYY!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Dave - and Ella!! It looks like it was a great start to the day. Congratulations Dave on doing better than the time you hoped. Jen, I hope you all got some good naps in this afternoon. Love,
MOM