Friday, November 20, 2009
And Now, a Word About My Man
All the good times in LA I've been chronicling were able to happen for one reason-- my super husband. When the idea for our family reunion being an all-girls edition in Anna's city was born last summer, Dave was nothing but encouraging. When I booked the flight, he assured me he and our daughters would be just fine without me for a long weekend. Sure, youth group retreats, leadership conferences, trips to Chicago and service projects have had Dave taking off without me a number of times each year. But, it's different. When he's gone, I just continue my work as a full-time mom pretty effortlessly. When Dave is the single parent, he has to balance full-time parenting with full-time pastoring. After a tiring day of playing with, cooking for and cleaning up after the girls, he can't just flop on the couch. He has to do things like attend council meetings or plan Sunday school lessons or write sermons. He sure gave me a generous gift when he enthusiastically agreed to let me indulge in 4 whole days of meals out, exciting outings, and basically a break from responsibility. And not only did he genuinely share my happiness for this getaway, he expertly cared for the girls (no Delia hair-cuts or broken bones!), dealt with an insanely busy schedule and even managed to get the house clean for my return. Did I marry the perfect guy, or what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for wonderful husbands!
Jen, I whole heartedly agree! One thing that impressed me when we were on vacation this summer was watching how involved Dave, Chris and Eric were with the kids. That is great to see that they are so helpful! Our family is very blessed with loving mothers and caring fathers.
MOM
You sure do have a man worth praising & celebrating! What a blessing. We love you, Dave!
Post a Comment