Friday, November 27, 2009

A Country Thanksgiving

To those who find us on Google Reader: This is an old post that I just got the pictures for. Since I blog for my own memory preservation, I'm just gonna let it archive in November, when it occurred and was written. Enjoy a glance back at our Thanksgiving! :)
.


Three turkeys, 8 pies, a long buffet of all the classic Thanksgiving dishes. Sixty-five people. Countless laughs, hugs and rounds of horseshoes. This was Thanksgiving as only our California VM Family does it (and we know, we've been to lots of different homes for Thanksgiving!). What a blessing to be so heartily welcomed into this family. Yesterday was the epitome of the holiday-- good eats and good times with friends. Once again, I couldn't help contrasting the Thanksgiving we were experiencing with the one our family was having in the Midwest. We didn't need heaters in the garage, turned dining-room, or even coats, it was a sunny warm day. And our after-dinner walk was not through the neighborhood, but across the pasture, where we even sighted a coyote. ("I go pet doggie, okay?" Delia said as she chased after it.) While some years there is skeet shooting to keep people busy, this year it was just playing on the harvest equipment. It was a great day that, hopefully, gave us the fuel we need to tackle the Christmas decorations in the next few days!
.

No comments: