My computer time is short, but I wanted to post a few of the pictures I got from last night's church Harvest Party. Ella was so excited to go as a fairy, she couldn't fall asleep the night before the party. Delia asked all day, "I go church and be cow girl?" This year's party was another success, with lots of laughs, great fellowship and a whole hall full of people dressed festively.
.

Dave was Delia's rodeo clown. I don't know if this costume, or simply his role as youth pastor, prompted the pie in the face he surprisingly and hilariously got from a few guys in the youth group.
I was reflecting, once again, and what a neat tradition this has become for us. Neither girl has ever trick-or-treated, so they don't even know Halloween as Dave and I do-- freezing in the dark as you trek from one stranger's house to the next and then consuming massive amounts of candy for the following months. Ella didn't even want to use her tickets on the candy games, instead spending about 10 of them in the bouncy house. She came home with just a handful of it. I'm a little bummed, since I was planning on raiding that candy bucket! :) 
What we did come home with was about 10 painted pumpkins and gourds. Painting and bouncing equal Happy Halloween to these girls!And friends! What a great time Ella and Delia had running around with their friends-- little and high school aged!
After pie-eating contests, apple-bobbing, potato sack races, face painting, games, pizza, prizes and laughs, the night concluded with the costume parade. Here the Under-6 crowd lines up for judging. .
Thanks to Dave and his youth group for giving us such a fantastic alternative to the traditional Halloween!


1 comment:
So much cute stuff! What were you dressed as??? (My kids had never gone trick-or-treating before this year since Sunnyside did a harvest fair similar to what you describe.) Sounds like a great time!
Post a Comment