Thursday, November 5, 2009

One week, No Computer, Long Post

We're back! Our formerly virus-riddled computer has finally been deemed clean! After paying the tech support guy a mere $120, we learned that what we had, the Vundo Trojan, was in fact "pretty gnarly." You would think I'd have a whole line of posts ready to type out when my computer was returned to me in good health, but I surprised myself by truly taking the past week or so off from it-- hardly thinking "This would be great for the blog!" as I normally view life. So sad... please tell me you can relate blogging friends! Maybe a regular week of "Computer Turn-Off" should be something I consider. So, just a few pictures and stories about what a week at home with no internet or superfluous errands to distract Mommy looked like:
.
The week is a blur of game marathons, Shrinky Dinks, Ramona Quimby, Little People, puzzles and baking. I worked hard to not go insane over my constantly messy house. I think every toy and game we own got some use in the past 10 days. I realized I've become really dependent on letting the girls just play together while I "get stuff done." They are old enough to do this pretty well now. I needed the reminder to get down on the floor and set-up, pretend and play with them. One night we laid out all the dress-up clothes and shoes and made a little carpet runway. The girls put on a 5 outfit fashion show. When Ella ended her walks with this pose, and then Delia started copying, I had to pull out the camera!
.
It's becoming tradition to watch a movie together as a family on Friday nights. We usually go with a Disney classic and lately have enjoyed The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc. and Bolt. Ella is so funny in her play. After watching a movie, she'll act it out for the following week. She asked me to take this picture. In it, she's Penny. See Bolt, Mittens and Rhino posed behind her on the couch, just like the final shot of the movie? She had a whole ocean set up 2 days ago when she was Nemo's Daddy.

And just a silly picture of Delia to even things out. The past several weeks have been another real vocabulary explosion for her. She is speaking so clearly and conversationally. Instead of just copying phrases we commonly say, she comes up with her own stuff and it is funny! We've always known she was a big personality, we see it more and more each day.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Jen, that last picture of Delia is sooooo Dave!

Dorina Gilmore said...

Yes, Jen, I can relate of thinking through "blogs" and "status updates." I have done the "Computer Turn-off" week before and it was a good reminder as you say...

I'm also REALLY glad you're back. How fun to see what your girlies are up to. Love the dress up fashion show!

Wicker Family said...

Glad you are back! I've had my share of "step away from the computer moments". . . (And as usual I can relate to so many things you mentioned in your post -- messy house, acting out movies, vocab. explosions - check, check, check!)